Pin, Pin, Pin!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Religion


I was raised Catholic.
I was baptized and I attended Mass every Sunday. I completed Sunday school from kindergarten through seventh grade and I made my communion and confirmation.
I believe in God. I haven’t attended church in a very long time, but I don’t think God holds it against me. I was criticized because I am not an active member in my church, I do not attend Masses every week, and I do not donate enough.
First of all, how much is ‘enough’? Any amount donated should be appreciated. I find it inconsiderate and disrespectful that they even keep track of how much each person donates each year.
I do not need to attend church every week to get an acceptance from God. My God is happy I pray and talk to Him in my own home.
This does not mean I am a ‘bad’ catholic.
Please.
Everyone who claims they are a ‘good’ catholic is probably full of it. Most of them walk out of their church; doing and saying things they shouldn’t be if they’re such a ‘good’ catholic.
I know what is right and what is wrong. I treat everyone with respect and fairness and I do not do anything illegal. Not attending church or giving a ‘generous’ donation does not make me a horrible person.
Do not put your religious beliefs on me. Do not tell me what I should believe and what I shouldn’t. You may state your opinions, but watch how you word your sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment