Pin, Pin, Pin!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Events in Our Life


This sequence of events varies with each individual.
1. Education
2. Driver’s License
3. Job
4. Dating
5. Continuing education further
6. Dating some more
7. Career
8. Meeting someone to spend your whole life with
9. Engaged
10. Married
11. House
12. Kids

I’m twenty-five (this week) and I haven’t done a majority of things on the list above. But, I know plenty of people my age who have.

Driving was put on hold because my father didn’t have the urge to teach me or practice with me when I was a teenager. Before I knew it, years passed and knew I had to rely on someone else to be my coach so I could be independent. But, it took a while to overcome my fear first. I had this nervousness of being in a car accident each time I was on the road. Once I overcame my fear, I was able to practice smoothly in a vehicle. My goal now is to have my license before the end of the year. That leaves me with two months to achieve this goal.

After three years of graduating community college, I am ready to continue my education to receive a bachelor’s degree in Communications. I’m destined to write for a newspaper or magazine; I know it. If I had the urge to go for my bachelor’s degree right after community college, maybe my job area would be different than it is now. Maybe I wouldn’t be in retail. Maybe I would be getting paid to write part-time or full-time! Am I upset about it? No! I truly believe in the phrase: Better late than never. I had a small bump in the road last year with my illness, but with some words of encouragement from the palm reader last month, she made my direction very clear. I’m excited to see what the world has in store for me and also curious to see what career I end up with.

There are a lot of people who are amazed that I am not married or at least engaged. Why? Well, because I’ve been with my boyfriend for eight years. A lot of people know he’s the only guy I’ve dated. So, yes, he’s my first and only love of my life. I guess you can say I don’t know much when the dating topic gets brought up. My advice given is off of what makes sense to me and what I learn from my surroundings.

I have plenty of time to get engaged and married. I want that all, along with kids and a house. But, I’m being realistic; I can’t have any of that now if I’m not financially ready. That would be a disaster waiting to happen if I was to do that now. First comes first: careers. And then the rest will fall into place.

8 comments:

  1. This piece seem sad in a way, but it shouldn't. Be proud and give yourself credit for all you've done and accomplished. I have to do that myself also! You're gonna do gret things! We all done our things at certain times. We don't all do it at the same time. Regardless of what ppl may say.... Love u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks Jenn. I didn't mean for it to be "sad" - like I said, I know all this depends on the person and I know everything will happen when the time is right.

    I don't even think I meant for this piece to be the way it is: I was thinking of a whole other route, but when I go with the flow, something totally different gets typed out.

    =) love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol!... I know exactly what u mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this topic is what I was depressed about yesterday. Yes I graduated college and have a child and im engaged (for 2 years now) but its like you said "financially" its not an option right now for a house or marriage. Even though we set a date for our wedding 18 months from now anything can happen to where we wont be able to do it. BUT I look at it this way, age doesnt matter. People my age might have all these things already but everyone is different. It takes time to do all these things and patience. I am very proud of all that you have accomplished. And being in a relationship for 8 years is fantastic believe me I know! lol im going on 10 years and I am very thankful for this. Everything will fall into place. Very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dannielle. :-)

    I know things will work out for you also and I'm very proud of you also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate typos in my posts! & I found one. Crap. Oh well, I'm walking away now.... Lmao

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, it's okay! Typos happen to everyone. :)

    But I want to thank you for writing this post. This is really relevant to what I've been thinking about lately.

    I think it's better to be realistic than to jump into something and regret it later. I also think it's so great that you've found someone who's right for you.

    It's very inspiring to hear that you are following your dreams and that you overcame your fear of driving, as I'm currently struggling with the same thing. And that my whole family drive like crazy people doesn't exactly help either. :P

    If you don't mind me asking...what illness do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Astral Girl =)

    I'm glad that you and others can relate to this post. Agreed: "I think it's better to be realistic than to jump into something and regret it later." =)

    Wow, you are struggling too?! Oh, I had my share of "crazy" drivers! I STILL clench up when I think we're going to fast or we're coming close to something... :( It's horrible. But, what I learned is that when I'm behind the wheel, I'm in control of how fast I go & that makes me feel a bit better.

    Not at all: The illness I have is Fibromyalgia.

    ReplyDelete