Pin, Pin, Pin!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Rewind, Pause, Fast Forward



Did we all see the movie “Click” where the main character is able to rewind, pause, or fast forward moments in his life right before his eyes?  Okay, great!  We’re all on the same page then.

Sometimes that option would be nice, wouldn’t it?  It’s common to think, “Damn, I should have done that differently…then maybe that wouldn’t have happened”.

But, in all honesty, would we really want to have that opportunity?  At one point, I thought yes, but now, I wouldn’t.  I’ve said this before and I will say it again - I truly believe everything happens for a reason.  It might take us some time to figure out why certain events happened, but eventually we’ll have that “ah-ha” moment.

View it as a learning experience.

I’ve learned that I can’t control certain things; people’s behaviors or their way of thinking, it is what it is and that’s the way it’s going to be.  Does it hurt?  Of course; emotionally it tears you apart, it physically drains you, and you learn to stop giving a damn because you are only hurting yourself by dwelling on it.

Turn the negative into a positive.  That’s all we can do nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment