Pin, Pin, Pin!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Manners. Courstey. & Such

Have people forgotten what manners are? Or did they never have them to begin with?

I’m not just referring to a simple, “Please” and “Thank you.”

At midnight on a Sunday night, or any day for that matter, no one should be outside making a ruckus. You should not be cursing, arguing, or yelling across the street to a neighbor. No one wants to hear your business. No one wants to be interrupted by that! It’s obnoxious.

If you are working in retail, please be nice to your customers. Yes, I know some can be impolite, but it’s always best to keep calm. I’ve worked a few retail jobs; if you’re having a crummy day, it’s not best to bring your negative energy to work. It rubs off on everyone. Yes, I know what it feels like to dislike your job, but I always smiled at customers and engaged in conversation.

If you are a customer, be nice to your cashier! If a price rang up wrong, do not get snippy with the person behind the counter. Keep your cool. What’s so difficult about politely asking if it were possible for someone else to double check the price on the item? Wouldn’t you feel overwhelmed if the shoe were on the other foot? Oh, you only have five minutes to get to the bus stop to pick up your child? That’s a poor excuse to get all flustered. Sorry, you shouldn’t have spent the time shopping when you knew you had to be at an important place! So, you need to deal with the consequences! Or, calmly ask if they could remove your item from the purchase if you do not have time to wait.

One thing that gets irritating is having uninvited guests to a party or small gathering. Did we forget how to ask the host if it would be all right? You are capable of asking, so ask, and do not leave it up to someone else to do the dirty work for you.

In my opinion, parties and gatherings are for friends and family. I do not care if you disagree with me, but I do not like the fact that people assume it is all right to bring anyone their little heart desires. I’m sorry, but I am not having people related to your boyfriend or his friends attending my gathering. I do not know them. They do not know me or anyone else that is attending. It’s my party, my rules. If you do not like it, there’s a simple solution: stay home.

Another thing that irks me: No, you may not bring home a plate of food to everyone you share an apartment with! I do not need to go into detail for this one; it’s that simple.

If I’m throwing a party, do not get moody with me because you are upset I denied your request to bring someone. I do not appreciate that.

If you are attending a party, it is beyond rude to continuously talk on your phone, leave countless of times and come back, and sneak off into hiding whenever you feel like it. I do not need to go into detail for this one either! It should be self-explanatory.

If you make plans with someone, it is not okay to ditch that person without warning. Have the consideration to make a quick phone call to reschedule!

A writing piece like this could go on forever, but this one will end like this:

To receive respect, you have to give it. If you treat someone like garbage, it’s going to come back and bite you in the behind. That is the way the world works.

No comments:

Post a Comment