Pin, Pin, Pin!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Friends From the Past

Do you remember the sleepovers you used to have with your best friends when you were younger? Do you remember the days you both would hang out at home because there was nothing else better to do? Do you remember meeting up at the mall to spend hours walking around? Do you remember talking on the phone every day because you were inseparable?

What ever happened to those days?

We grew up.

We moved away from each other.

But, growing up should not mean “growing a part.”

Moving away should not mean automatically losing contact with each other.

I grew up, but I never forgot. I’m still the same person I was back when I was younger: caring, considerate, and a great friend.

Having a new boyfriend should not cause you to be distant toward me. Having a job or going to school should not either. Why are these issues for some? You may have time for other friends, but not me.

I must not be important anymore. Maybe I was never important. How else can it be explained? You obviously did not cherish our friendship the way I did. I’ve tried to keep in contact, but you turned the other cheek. If I’m not worth your time anymore, then you aren’t worth mine. It’s that simple.

Don’t expect to pop in and out of my life at your convenience. It’s not the way it works. Remember that when you want to go missing in action for months at a time.

4 comments:

  1. A lot of people should read this. Many don't understand true friendship and I think we all can be guilty of this. Some more than others. This is a really good piece buddy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn you read this quick! LOL ;-) Thanks buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another great one! I lost a lot of friends when I became pregnant and no one wanted to hang with me anymore because I couldnt do things they were doing. I never changed the person I was. Just because I have a child and a fiance and a family to care for not once have I ever lost contact with my friends. WELL SAID!! Cant wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete