Pin, Pin, Pin!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

'Tis The Season

The holidays are just around the corner.  Excited aren’t you?
                Well, I am.  I’m surrounded by my loved ones, lots of laughs and smiles, and delicious food to eat until you feel like you are going to burst.  It’s the time of year when you think of everything you are thankful for even though you may think it all year around.  There is just something about the change in the air, the colors of the leaves, frost on windows, and snow on the ground, which changes my whole perspective on things.  But, there are a lot of people who are miserable when holidays arrive.  Maybe they are missing their loved ones; maybe they are miles away from family and friends. 
I’ve lost important people in my life, but I know they are in a better place and they are watching over me.  They are always on my mind and I will never forget them, or forget what it was like when they were around.  Especially around the holidays, I make a trip to the cemetery and wish them a Happy Thanksgiving or a Merry Christmas.
If I were ever away from my family, of course it would get me upset, but I know they are only a phone call away.  Being able to hear their voice makes a hell of a difference if you are unable to see them in person.  One of the greatest technologies also is through the web!  Skype (even though I have not used it yet) has become very popular.  Or, just hook up your camera on your computer and log in together through an instant messaging program.
The holidays are supposed to be filled with fun and laughs.  You should do something that will turn that frown upside down!  Change it up this year!

1 comment:

  1. it is the most wonderful time of the year!! Well that & when my son was born! lol I absolutely love the holidays but after my grandfather passed away in 2004 it hasnt been the same. Thats why I am very thankful to have a family of my own now. It is even more special seeing my sons eyes light up when he talks about Santa :) tis the season to be mary!

    ReplyDelete