Pin, Pin, Pin!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Keep Busy


What keeps me sane?  What holds my attention and makes me forget about the negative things that are going on?


I have a few things.


Besides writing, reading is just as important to me. I can’t be a writer if I don’t read.  So, I made it a point to expand my reading material this year; read new authors and new genre’s that I am not used to.  I will be honest, I have not read in a while but I have new books waiting to be cracked open!


Scrapbooking makes me happy also.  I can sit and do that for hours and days.  I adore pictures because they are precious to me and I like being able to display them artistically. My dream is to have one gigantic room for all my arts, crafts, and office supplies because my small apartment cannot hold all that I have.  It’s the same problem I have with all the books so I would love a huge library to display them on shelves. (Right now they are still in boxes and have been for about two years).


Cooking and baking are other things that put me in a good mood.  No matter if a meal does not turn out the way I had hoped, I don’t give up.  I’ve never thought about giving up.  I continuously look for new recipes so I can try out.


I don’t focus on the bad things that are happening.  I’ll have a moment where I acknowledge them, maybe even get angry or upset of course but it vanishes.  Why would I let those ruin my mood for hours upon days?  It’s really not worth it.  Stressing is not worth damaging my health.  Always do something that puts you in a better mood that takes you out of that dark hole.  You deserve happiness.  Don’t ever forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment