Pin, Pin, Pin!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Parting Ways



Dear Writer’s Block,

It’s not you, it’s me.  Screw it, let’s be honest, it’s all you.  I’ve been suffocating for too long and it’s time for me to breathe.  I’ve dealt with you pestering me every minute of every day for years and I finally came to the realization that I don’t deserve the aggravation.  Enough is enough.  Parting ways is for the best; for my work and my sanity.  I’ll finally be able to spread my wings and explore all opportunities that are available to me.

You can’t stop this break-up; it’s happening whether you like it or not!  I never want you to try to revisit me again.  Why?  If it wasn’t clear already – you’ve made me unhappy.  I deserve happiness and I can’t get that with you nagging me daily.  You’re toxic and need to be removed from my life.

I’m sorry that I didn’t do this sooner.  I can imagine the amount of manuscripts I would have written by now!

Sincerely,

Aly

~~~~~~


It’s time for you and Writer’s Block to part ways. Write a letter breaking up with Writer’s Block, starting out with, “Dear Writer’s Block, it’s not you, it’s me … .” (500 words or less).*166

1 comment: