Pin, Pin, Pin!

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Fun Facts

I needed to write a fun blog post tonight!  Anxiety has been a pain in the neck since last week, so I thought it would be good for a change.

20 Fun Facts about… Me.

1.) 95% of my week is spent wearing a cardigan sweater over all my shirts. Is there a reason? 90% of my shirts are sleeveless and they aren’t allowed at work.  The other 10% is just because I freakin’ feel like it. =)

2.) Even though my favorite color is purple, most of my wardrobe is black.

3.) I slouch.  A lot.  It started at a young age and I couldn’t break the habit - No matter how many times my grandmother tapped me on the back and told me to sit up straight.

4.) I’m not afraid to admit… that I sleep with a stuffed animal.  A monkey.  Seriously. It was Valentine’s Day (maybe 2005 or 2006) when Will surprised me with it and it’s been with me ever since.  After many washes and cuddling sessions, he’s ripping at the seams between the neck and arm.  I probably should take the time out to sew him back up.

 

5.) I change my bed sheets every week.  I know some that do it every two weeks.  Whatever makes you happy – changing mine every week makes me happy.

6.) I shower at night before bed.  This is how I see it: Why the hell would I jump into a bed with clean sheets after being out in the world all day?  I’m considered dirty.  I’m covered in allergens and I feel icky.  I don’t understand leaving the showering for the morning.  People say, “I do it to wake up.”  That’s why coffee was invented. =)  Some shower at night and in the morning.  Fantastic.  Again, whatever makes you happy!


7.)
I don’t have patience painting my nails.  I always seem to ruin them before they have a chance to fully dry because I can’t sit still.  When I do paint them, they chip anyway during work between peeling off labels and opening boxes.

8.) I am the clumsiest person you’ll meet.  I cut corners to close, I walk into pegs on the wall at work, I sway into fixtures at work, I hit my elbows on the counters, I hit my knees on the bed frame, I ram my shins into drawers because sometimes I forget to shut them completely.  Need I say more?


9.)
Because I am so clumsy, I get bruises a lot.  The current one I have is on my right shin because I didn’t close the drawer below my bed and I turned to walk….bam!


10.)
I don’t do well around insects.  But, then again, how many people are calm?


11.)
During winter, I live in the heat.  During summer, I live in the A/C.


12.) “Let’s go to the beach to get a sun tan!”  How about no?


13.)
“Let’s go snow tubing…or skiing…or…” How about no?


14.)
Let’s do some simple math here. Me + Water = bad combination.  Me + Heights = bad combination.  Why?  Water: Besides the fact that I got thrown into a swimming pool when I was younger without knowing how to swim?  I still don’t know how to swim.  Tried plenty of times and I just can’t seem to do it.  I can’t float and I feel like I’m going to drown.  Heights:  I don’t like the feeling of not being on the ground.  I feel like I’m going to die.


15.)
2 semesters of Spanish in high school and 2 semesters of it in college and I still can’t speak it.  I know certain words and phrases, I can understand a little of a conversation when it’s spoken and can make out what’s on paper, but that’s as far as it goes.


16.)
I can spend hours at a library.  I love books.


17.)
I’m partial to herbal teas.


18.) Flavored iced coffees = heaven.

19.) I do not eat fish or any kind of seafood.  Have I tried some?  Sure.  Still won’t eat them.

20.) Radishes are the most confusing foods.  They taste like dirt and I will never understand them.

No comments:

Post a Comment