Pin, Pin, Pin!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Abandonment


There aren’t really any words to describe how I feel about you.  I mean, there’s a few on my list, but they aren’t very nice.

In my opinion, you do not deserve any kindness, not an ounce of respect.  You’ve been inconsiderate and haven’t shown any interest in anyone’s life but your own.  You’re too caught up in whatever it is that you do, that your family; your own flesh and blood, don’t even cross your mind.

It’s the truth, so don’t sit there and lie about it.  Your lies and excuses go in one ear and out the other.  Save your breathe because your words are pointless.

I just can’t comprehend, and most likely never will, how you can go about your day and pretend like everything is all right.  You don’t notice any sort of problem.  It baffles me.  It truly does.

You don’t see the look on their faces.  But I do.  You don’t hear all their concerns or disappointments.  But I do.  You don’t see the anger and sadness in their eyes.  But I do.  And, it kills me.

I don’t understand why you don’t feel ashamed; ashamed that you’ve abandoned them.  That is what you have done.  I’m positive if you look up “abandonment” in the dictionary, your name and picture would be right there in plain sight.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great piece buddy. I feel like you were able to let out a lot of emotions regarding these type of people. The type that can live their life without ever looking back and seeing who they have left behind. It makes me angry that these people don't have consideration for the feelings of those they abandoned. And what is worse is that most of these people are ones we love the most. :(

    ReplyDelete