Pin, Pin, Pin!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Criticism


Years ago I was the type of person who loathed the idea of letting anyone read my writing, let alone take a peek at it.  As I wrote in class, my eyes were peering at my surrounding classmates to make sure no one was trying to read my precious masterpiece.

As I got a bit older, I realized the reason I did not want anyone to read my stories.
I was afraid of criticism.  I was not going to take it well if someone told me they hated everything written on that piece of paper.

A few more years went by and it was time to stop hiding.  I was in the state of mind that if no one liked what I wrote, so be it.  I understood there would be a lot of people who could care less about the words I had written.

It only took me a little over ten years to say “hell with it”.  And, best of all, I began this blog purposely to publicly show what thoughts are inside this brain of mine.  It’s for all eyes to see.  I’m perfectly okay with that now.

I’ve learned that criticism only makes you stronger.  You learn from it; you improve.  It’s the only way for a brighter future.

2 comments:

  1. I need to learn how to not let criticsm affect me. This piece hits home even more with the "project" we have going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece was actually inspired by our "project" ;-)

    ReplyDelete