Pin, Pin, Pin!

Monday, April 6, 2015

Supporting and Believing



Joel Osteen couldn’t have said it better.  “Some people need to hear that you believe in them.  When you tell them, “You’re amazing, you’re going to do great things, I’m praying for you,” it’s giving life.  That seems simple to you, but to that other person it can help them blossom into who they were created to be.”

I want to thank one of my BFF’s (hahaha, I feel like I’m in middle school typing that) for sharing this with me.

We all want others, especially loved ones, to support and believe in us.  We don’t need criticism.   
We aren’t going to live our lives the way they want us to.  That’s not how it works.  We do things for ourselves; what’s best for us, not them.  We’re going to make mistakes because we’re human, not perfect.  Hopefully we don’t repeat the same errors twice and lessons are learned.

That’s what I’ve been missing.  I want to know what I’ve done to deserve the putdowns and 
doubts.  I am not a failure.  I’m far from it actually.  It’s very insulting when I’m clearly doing the best I can under the circumstances, but it’s all being overlooked.  Why?  I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s all about the fixation on the things others can’t grasp.

Newsflash:  You don’t have to understand.  I don’t have to explain my reasoning as to why I made the decisions I have.

Why is it so difficult to be supportive and believe that I will end up with the things I’ve dreamed of?

No comments:

Post a Comment